Digital Literacy: Affordable Connectivity Program Sign Up Event at the Jervis Public Library
June 26 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), funded through the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act passed in November 2021 is a long-term extension of the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program started by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) during the Covid-19 pandemic. The ACP provides eligible households with a monthly discount on internet service, and a one-time discount for a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet purchased through a participating provider.
LiteracyCNY will be at the Jervis Public Library to assist those who want to sign up for the ACP. This is a drop-in event and no sign up is required.
Jervis Public Library Address: 613 North Washington Street, Rome, NY 13440
The ACP helps families and households struggling to afford internet service. If you meet one of the following eligibility requirements, you automatically qualify for the ACP.
MUST BRING PROOF OF ELIGIBILTY!!!
• Participates in any of the following assistance programs: SNAP, Medicaid, Federal Public House Assistance, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), WIC, Veterans Pension of Survivor Benefit, Lifeline
• Participates in any of the following Tribal specific programs: Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance, Tribal TANF, Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations, or Tribal Head Start (income based);
• Participates in the Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or the School Breakfast Program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision;
• Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year; or
• Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating broadband provider’s existing low-income internet program
More Information: ACP Guide
Download Flyer: Here
- June 26
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Event Category:
- Community Events